Saturday, October 20, 2007

So, my week back in Savannah was actually really good. For once I had a lot of things to take care of, which diluted the overwhelming anxiety I had concocted about going back after my NY getaway... I did a piece for a magazine in Montreal called Maisonneuve that will be in their food issue. I had to illustrate the beginning of a story about a feast, and the few characters that it involved...


It felt so good to work. The pace was good and the art director was great to work with. I hope to start a good relationship with these folks...Now i just have to finish Cam's illustration of his ma for his first manly tattoo...

There's good momentum... Now I wait til I embark on my journey to Chicago on Sunday... the weather will be unseasonably warm, as it is everywhere it seems, so an apartment hunt will hopefully be an adventure and not a miserable disaster...

I'm so sick of crying wolf. That's been my motto lately, "crying wolf". I told too many people that i was moving a long time ago, without really investing anything in that lofty decision. But its real now. I swear. God, i hope so. There's a lot weighing on this trip and I'm trying not to buckle under the pressure. I don't even know if I'm going to be around to celebrate the Halloween festivities. I so badly want my costume idea to materialize, and it would be especially grand to debut it at the M.I.A. concert in Atlanta. (Think, skin tone body suit, gem belly, and a color weave that stands up on end)...

No comments: