Wednesday, October 25, 2006

let's share

there is something really strange about watching people leave. i've had a pretty solid recent couple months being here in savannah, knowing that my time left here is brief, although my departure is unknown. but so far i've been here to see my closest compadres go off into the great unknown to start the rest of their lives. and i'm here still... i know that when i look back on my early twenties spending 5 years here will seem like a blip on the map. (that's been my metaphor of choice). but i haven't mustered the energy to plan my next endeavor. moving when you're 18 to go to college is a big transition, but i think the first big-adult-move is even bigger because you're conscious of how weird the transition will be. but that's just me. i've been a little preoccupied lately, and haven't been doing as much complete work, just bits and pieces. working at my own pace i suppose. but my dear friend artemis (moved to brooklyn a few months ago) is whipping up a few ideas for a show that her aunt is involved in out in San Fran.
I'm hoping to get together some prints of my work and maybe some 3-D work too so i can contribute to the show. I'll provide more info when I can, so if you're in the area... you know...