Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Day 1

So, day one wasn't that bad. I woke up and had my first big challenge of going out to eat without actually eating all of the delicious food around me. Luke was headed back to Brooklyn so I couldn't pass it up. I had tea, he had eggs, bacon, pancakes, all that good stuff. When we got home, Josh had already taken the plunge into to our morning drink combo. Its one cup of this tea that Josh had brewed overnight consisting of:

Some red clover, cascara sagrada (bark), dandelion root (more bark), uva ursi leaf, burdock root, licorice root, yellowdock root, senna leaf, and pau d'arco bark.
But once it's all brewed together it looks something similar to gutter water. I imagine it doesn't taste much different.

My minimal sense of taste comes in handy for that one. The second drink is a combination of psyllium seed husk, which basically exfoliates your intestines

combined with Bentonite clay, which takes care of the rest of whats in there, thats where the term flush comes in handy... And the word is that its super important to be drinking water all day or else these flushing drinks can have the opposite effect... Nah'mean?

Speaking of flushing, I've started to spend more time here...Josh had prepared me for that and it didn't really hit me until later in the day.

So throughout the day, i had both drinks, some tea, banana, rice crackers, cashews, an orange, and rice with kimchi... surprisingly, i didn't feel starving. I did however give the challah sitting on my kitchen counter a good stare before i walked out of the kitchen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh no, you shouldn't refer to your "mom" like anonymous did on the last post. She wouldn't like the
judgemental insinuation. Go ahead and eat that bark
and leaves. I have some nice palm fronds and colored
pencil shavings if you like.
From not your mom.