Monday, November 12, 2007

Sweet Home Chicago

i'm here i'm here! i've been here for a couple days already and slept in my new apartment twice.

its... well... i don't know what it is yet. i'm in the meta-transition, meaning, i'm in the thick of not having a routine, not having showered in a couple days because i haven't bought shower curtain rings... so many tiny details i never considered.
so the drive up went really smoothly. i drove behind my dad up until spartenberg, NC where we met his BFF Bill, who put my car on his trailer. we had to eat at cracker barrel which was a huge blow to my ego. but after that it was smooth sailing. and the most beautiful changing trees i have ever seen... louie slept the entire way.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

once we finally made it, things seemed to be going great. the next morning my sister and her husband helped my dad and i unpack our cars and it took like 30 minutes. i was expecting much more of a nightmare. we ran a million errands and bought a bed and all that...so to celebrate, my sister and i went to pick up delicious carne asada burritos from La Pasadita that is right by my house (they have 3 locations on the same block). So we parked and ran in, came out 5 minutes later to find a boot on my car
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
what a racket, we had to pay $115 cash for them to take it off. (guh!)

but after that i went to get a tv and some other things with my dad and sis. then we went back to my place to start setting things up... I took one of my Joe Sorren prints and placed it on an exsisting nail on the wall and it looked perfect! Right up until i turned around and it went crashing to the ground... glass everywhere...I was so sad, however it will be repaired.

later, out of nowhere i heard a car alarm go off, so i ran to the window to see if it was my car, but it wasn't... there was some kid scurrying away after smashing my dads car window...

{{Sigh}} it could have been worse... just material things...

so now i'm in the process of accumulating seating. i have lots of tables but no where to sit. my sister decided to improvise... (she's sleeping soundly, for real)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
so, i'm just organzing and daydreaming about my new routine. it won't be sturdy until after the holidays i'm afraid. my mom comes in on wednesday and thats when the real decorating will begin. but they don't leave until after thanksgiving... which is actually really nice and comforting.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

ok sweety babies. i will post more once things start to take shape. i love and miss you all. its so nice that we are sprinkled all over the place. if we can't be together at least we are all broadening our geographical spectrum...

and i swear i will post new drawings and things soon...

No comments: